Dapeng laser specializing in R&D, manufacturing fiber laser marking machine, industrial laser welding machines and laser sheet cutting machine, we also provides Laser sources and spare parts to the laser machine manufacturers in China and surrounding countries.
Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-09-08 Origin: Site
What is a laser welding robot? Introduction to the characteristics, performance advantages, and application fields of laser welding robots
Welding robots can replace manual independent welding, and their application is becoming increasingly widespread, which is a major trend in the future development of welding manufacturing industry. It can improve welding quality, productivity, and labor costs. The emergence of welding robots is a blessing for the manufacturing industry, and over time, welding robots will gain more applications and recognition, becoming the trend of the future.
1、 What is a laser welding robot?
Welding robot is an automated welding equipment used for welding operations. As the name suggests, welding robots can achieve intelligent welding of weldments without human intervention. Its intelligent control system is equivalent to the reaction of a skilled welder and can be flexibly applied to different specifications of welding parts. Robot laser welding machines use lasers as welding heat sources. A robot laser welding machine can irradiate a high-energy density laser beam onto two parts of the material, causing local heating and melting, and then cooling and solidification to form a whole.
2、 Characteristics of laser welding robots
1. Stabilize welding quality and improve product qualification rate. Before welding different welding workpieces, the robot will automatically identify the weld seam and place the welding material to fill the weld seam. The weld seam is beautiful and firm, and the consistency of the welded parts is high, which improves the product qualification rate.
2. Reduce the labor intensity of workers. Welding robots with auxiliary equipment can achieve automatic flipping of thick plate weldments and perform repetitive production, helping workers free themselves from heavy welding tasks.
3. Improve production efficiency. Traditional welding is affected by the welding environment and human factors during operation, which slows down the work process and is not conducive to the rational arrangement of production by enterprises. The Songle intelligent welding robot has a high degree of automation and can perform continuous and long-term welding tasks, helping enterprises improve production efficiency.
4. Reduce costs. In traditional welding, welding defects such as under welding, off welding, over welding, etc. Will occur, which will increase the material cost of the enterprise. Welding robots can lay down welding materials based on the weld seam, making full use of welding materials while accurately welding. One operator can operate two to three welding robots simultaneously, reducing the labor cost of the enterprise.
3、 Basic performance requirements for laser welding robots
1. Welding speed. The welding speed needs to match the welding quality. Excessive welding speed can affect welding quality and easily lead to welding defects such as welding deviation, insufficient welding, and missed welding. If the welding speed is too slow, it will affect the production process of the product. Welding speed is an important indicator that determines welding efficiency.
2. Rated load of the wrist. The load that the robot laser welding machine can withstand at the end. The rated load of the wrist determines its arm distance and welding workpiece specifications, including welding guns, cables, visual sensors, wire feeding tubes, etc.
3. Number of axles. Refers to the joints of robot laser welding machines. The flexibility of robot laser welding machines varies with the number of shafts. Robots with a large number of joints have better flexibility and flexibility in laser welding, with more specifications of welding parts and wider welding applications.
4. Arm extension. It reflects the welding radius of the robot laser welding machine. The longer the arm span, the larger the welding radius, and the larger the size of the weldment. Users can choose the arm distance of the robot laser welding machine based on their own welding space, welding part specifications, and welding requirements.
5. Body weight. The weight of robot laser welding machines varies with different specifications, and varies depending on the arm distance and welding range.
6. Repetitive positioning accuracy. It reflects the welding accuracy maintained by the robot laser welding machine during repeated actions. Only qualified robot laser welding machines can maintain welding accuracy without deviation.
The movement speed of a robot laser welding machine is an important indicator that requires rapid completion of multi-point positioning with small spacing (such as positioning after moving 30-50mm spacing every 0.3-0.4 seconds). To ensure welding quality, high positioning accuracy is required (usually 0-25mm); It has a large load-bearing capacity (50~100 kilograms) to carry welding tongs with built-in transformers
4、 Application fields of laser welding robots
1. Engineering machinery manufacturing field
With the intensification of welding tasks in the mechanical manufacturing industry, welding is already a dangerous profession with poor working conditions and high thermal radiation. There are also many large equipment in mechanical manufacturing, which increases the difficulty of welding. Robot welding equipment is an automated mechanical equipment engaged in welding, which liberates the labor intensity of workers and helps to improve the automation level in the field of mechanical manufacturing.
2. Automotive manufacturing field
In recent years, in order to meet the needs of the public, the automotive industry has shown diversified development, and traditional welding can no longer meet the high welding requirements of automobiles and automotive component manufacturing. The Songle intelligent robot welding equipment can achieve precise welding of welds, fill them with just the right welding material, and make the welds beautiful and firm. In many modern automobile production workshops, automated welding equipment assembly lines have been formed.
3. Electronic equipment field
The field of electronic equipment has high requirements for welding quality. With the increasing demand for electronic devices in society, electronic devices have developed rapidly, but they also face severe challenges. Robot welding equipment can ensure production efficiency while maintaining stable welding quality, achieving precise welding of electronic equipment, which is three to four times higher than manual efficiency.
4. Shipbuilding field
In the structure of ships, there are nearly a thousand welded components, involving nearly ten thousand parts. The important load-bearing components of ships are mostly welded components, and the ship's hull undergoes significant pressure during operation, resulting in strict welding requirements. Robot welding equipment flexibly sets welding parameters through automatic seam tracking technology, accurately welding various parts of the ship.